[Python-ideas] Adding shutil.disk_usage()

Elias Fotinis efotinis at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 08:23:41 CEST 2011

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 21:51:56 +0300, Giampaolo Rodolà <g.rodola-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> The posix implementation is nothing but a wrapper around os.statvfs():
[...]
> The Windows implementation requires GetDiskFreeSpaceEx() [...]

I'd suggest mentioning in the documentation that symbolic links are resolved for the supplied path. I know that's fact for GetDiskFreeSpaceEx() and a quick look suggests it's also the case for statvfs(). It would be nice to be aware of this and the fact that it works the same on both platforms.