[Python-ideas] random.boolean or bernoulli

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 21:11:15 CEST 2011

On 4/21/11 1:46 PM, Raymond Hettinger wrote:

> P.S. Bernoulli isn't even jargon; it's a person's name.
> A Bernoulli trial just means that events are independent.
> It doesn't imply anything about a distribution or population
> of possible result values.

Actually, it is the canonical name of a particular discrete probability
distribution. *If* one cared to add it, it would be a perfectly fine name for
it, though "bernoullivariate" might fit better with the other named distributions.

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli_distribution

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."