[Python-ideas] New 3.x restriction on number of keyword arguments

Cesare Di Mauro cesare.di.mauro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 19:56:57 CEST 2010

Hi Marc

> I hope 255 argument limitation can be removed by simpler means.

Probably, but why not take this as a chance to improve other
> aspects of the CPython VM as well ?
>
> Here's a presentation by Cesare Di Mauro, the author of the
> patch:
>

> http://wpython.googlecode.com/files/Beyond%20Bytecode%20-%20A%20Wordcode-based%20Python.pdf
>
> --
> Marc-Andre Lemburg
> eGenix.com

This presentation was made for wpython 1.0 alpha, which was the first
release I made.

Last year I released the second (and last), wpython 1.1, which carries
several other changes and optimizations. You can find the new project here:
http://code.google.com/p/wpython2/ and the presentation here:
http://wpython2.googlecode.com/files/Cleanup%20and%20new%20optimizations%20in%20WPython%201.1.pdf

Cesare