[Python-ideas] Adding `Unpicklable` to the `collections` module

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Nov 29 20:42:16 CET 2010

On 11/29/2010 12:10 AM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> I see your point but I still veto ephemeral -- as a non-native English
> speaker with a limited vocabulary it is too obscure for me (isn't it
> something to do with astrology? :-).

You are thinking of 'ephemeris': "a tabular statement of the assigned
places of a celestial body for regular intervals ". Such tables are
produced and use by astronomers and used by navigators to determine ship
position at night. And yes, astrologers piggyback their crap on such
tables also ;-).

--
Terry Jan Reedy