[Python-ideas] pool threads

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Wed Nov 10 05:14:27 CET 2010

Ah, now that you mention it, I stumbled across this last PyCon :)
Looks nice, particularly if we can have classes such as ThreadPoolExecutor rely on OS support to do their stuff.  As such, it might be good not to make any promises about max_workers and so on.  Well, on windows one can have the OS create private thread pools to your specification, but I have found it useful to just rely on the default one...
Anyway, these were just idle thoughts.  Let's carry on...