[Python-ideas] Moving development out of the standard library

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Wed Jun 9 21:20:23 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> Yes, as N grows, any constant fraction f times N will grow. In fact, f*N can
> grow even if f shrinks. but just more slowly than N grows.

True.  Since there's no empirical measure of either N (number of
Python users) or VM (the Vocal Minority), it's hard to tell if f is a
constant fraction or something more (or less) interesting.

I also suspect that VM is less likely to be readily measurable than N.
 For those in the VM, the severity of their objections only increases
over time, until they exit both N and VM.

  -Fred