[Python-ideas] "value" ~ "data" ~ "object"

Bruce Leban bruce at leapyear.org
Thu Apr 15 21:22:16 CEST 2010

Sorry -- Denis asked not just about Python but about English and I was
speaking in that context and it's hard to not be pedantic in that case. :-)

Even if Python defines precise meanings of 'object', 'class', 'metaclass'
most of us use other languages too which use those words differently so
there will invariably be some cross-leakage. I know a programming system
that uses the word 'model' where others use table and 'entity' where others
use row. :-)

--- Bruce
http://www.vroospeak.com