[Python-ideas] [Python-Dev] Proposal : Python Trusted Computing API

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 20 09:31:32 CEST 2009

geremy condra <debatem1 at gmail.com> writes:

> If you were suggesting adding a crypto API to python, I'd be all
> for it- but you're suggesting adding the ability to have Python
> software vendors remotely cripple the code on your machine.
> I just can't get behind that, and while you're sure to hear wildly
> divergent opinions on this board, I suspect that mine will not
> be an uncommon sentiment.

Agreed. Though I don't draw much water here, being a Python user rather
than a core developer, I totally agree that technologies to subvert an
owner's control over the behaviour of their own machine are anathema to
a free culture. Such technologies are to be resisted, and they shall not
get a jot of my support in any form if I can help it.

--
 \       “As the most participatory form of mass speech yet developed, |
  `\    the Internet deserves the highest protection from governmental |