[Python-ideas] Summary of for...else threads

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 22:13:42 CEST 2009

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Unless there are serious objections, I intend to post this summary to
> python-dev in a couple of days and ask for a ruling on the various
> suggestions (e.g. Yes, No, Write A PEP And It Will Be Considered).

1. Excellent summary!
2. After the discussions, my personal opinion has settled down as +1 on
retaining the status quo (but welcoming doc patches), +0 on
warning-if-no-break and -1 on the other options.
3. This should probably go in a PEP regardless of the reaction from
python-dev. Rejected PEPs provide a good record of things we have
deliberately decided *not* to do.

Cheers,
Nick.