[Python-ideas] SyntaxWarning for for/while/else without break or return?

Gerald Britton gerald.britton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 18:32:11 CEST 2009

In all my use cases, the else serves the purpose of keeping the code
in a logical group.  For me at least, it is a structural aid.  I vote
strongly against any change that would flag for/while loops with else
clauses but no breaks, especially since there are at least two other
ways for early exit.

--
Gerald Britton