[Python-ideas] Make return inside a finally a SyntaxError

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jul 18 07:27:37 CEST 2009

Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> writes:

> That said, I think this is in the realm of style guides and lint tools
> rather than the compiler.

That's a good idea. The pylint folks seem quite receptive to patches;
perhaps you (Michael) could present a new test to catch this class of
likely-error constructs.

--
 \     “[W]e are still the first generation of users, and for all that |
  `\      we may have invented the net, we still don't really get it.” |