[Python-ideas] Draft PEP: Standard daemon process library

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Jan 30 01:09:20 CET 2009

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> writes:

> The people who are posting "show us the code" are mostly folks with
> long experience in the PEP process. I think you should take it as an
> indication that in this case the definition of "suitable API" is an
> "I'll know it when I've tried it" kind of thing.

I am working on ‘python-daemon’ concurrently with this PEP now, and
intend to keep publishing updates to that implementation as it
approaches conformance with the PEP.

> What you might find useful is to avoid writing any code yourself, but
> see how well your proposed spec fits the existing code, of which
> several (potential) examples have been posted.

Fortunately I've based ‘python-daemon’ on what I determined to be the
closest starting point for the well-behaved daemon behaviour.

--
 \      “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… |
  `\    It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in |