[Python-ideas] having a "iterable" built-in

Adam Atlas adam at atlas.st
Thu Apr 30 00:08:33 CEST 2009

I don't think that's going to happen. The similar builtin "callable"
has been removed as of Python 3.0 in favour of isinstance(x,
collections.Callable), or in versions < 2.6, hasattr(x, '__call__'),
and the convention is similar for iterables ("isinstance(x,
collections.Iterable)" or "hasattr(x, '__iter__')").