[Python-ideas] New PEP proposal: C Micro-Threading (ala Twisted) (long!)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Aug 4 00:44:22 CEST 2008

Aahz wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 02, 2008, Bruce Frederiksen wrote:
>> Here is a proposal for making the benefits of Twisted available without
>> having to write python code in an event driven style.
>
> This overall looks good, but I would suggest re-arranging a bit to put
> the gory C-level details later and substitute an overview where you
> currently have the gory details.

The writeup on the C details seemed to assume knowledge of Twisted in
addition to the current C API.  There also seemed to be references near
the top to new things not yet defined.  I gave up about in the third
paragraph.  So I agree that rearrangement would help some readers.

Fortunately for my curiosity, I skipped down about halfway where things
became clearer again.

tjr