[Python-ideas] Exploration PEP : Concurrency for moderately massive (4 to 32 cores) multi-core architectures

Krishna Sankar ksankar at doubleclix.net
Fri Sep 21 01:34:54 CEST 2007

Stephen,

> project.  Nothing like it's impossible, stupid, or YAGNI.  But Guido,
> and other senior developers, are saying they're not going to devote
> their resources to it as things currently stand (and one of those
> resources the attention of the folks who review PEPs).

<KS>
    I am not sure that is true. I think if we have a well thought out
PEP that addresses parallelism, it would be looked into by the folks. It
is just that there are too many different ways of doing it and of
course, the GIL doesn't help either. There is also a school of thought
that we should save the GIL and as a result we will find another better
way of leveraging the multi-core architectures.
</KS>

CHeers
<k/>