[Python-ideas] Thread IPC idea: Quipe? Sockqueue? (Re: Python and Concurrency)

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Thu Mar 29 18:32:02 CEST 2007

Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> I was thinking about thread killing, and why we
> think it's okay to kill OS processes but not
> threads.

I don't know how useful the feature would be (I've not had this
particular issue before), but one implementation strategy would be to
use thread local storage and weak references to the incoming queue of
other threads.  Getting queues in the proper thread local storage
between two threads is a little more tricky when you want it done
automatically, but a couple lines of boilerplate and that's fixed.

 - Josiah