[python-events] Inquiry: PyCon Conference in Nigeria - Request for Information and Criteria

Bona Akubue bonaakubue at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 16:34:52 EDT 2023

Dear Python EventsTeam,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the status
of the PyCon conference in Nigeria. I noticed that PyCon has not been held
in Nigeria since 2018, and I'm interested in understanding the reasons
behind this and the criteria for hosting a PyCon conference in Nigeria this
year.

As an avid Python enthusiast and developer, I believe that hosting a PyCon
conference in Nigeria would greatly benefit the local Python community. It
would provide a platform for knowledge sharing, networking, and fostering
collaboration among Python developers and enthusiasts in the region.

I kindly request information on the following:

   1.

   Reason for the absence of PyCon conferences in Nigeria since 2018: I
   would appreciate any insights you can provide regarding the factors that
   led to the discontinuation of PyCon conferences in Nigeria. Understanding
   these reasons would help me address any potential challenges and ensure a
   successful event.
   2.

   Criteria for conducting a PyCon conference in Nigeria: Could you please
   outline the criteria and guidelines that need to be met to organize a PyCon
   conference in Nigeria? This information will assist me in evaluating the
   feasibility of hosting the event and planning accordingly.
   3.

   Support and resources: Are there any available resources, guidelines, or
   support from Python.org or the Python community that could aid in
   organizing a PyCon conference in Nigeria? Any suggestions or
   recommendations you can provide would be highly appreciated.
   4.

   Point of contact: Kindly provide me with the contact information of the
   relevant person or team who can guide me through the process and answer any
   further questions I may have.

I am committed to promoting Python and fostering its growth within the
Nigerian developer community. Hosting a PyCon conference in Nigeria would
be a significant step towards achieving this goal, and I am eager to
contribute in any way possible.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to your response
and the opportunity to bring PyCon back to Nigeria.

Best regards,

Bona Akubue

Website: https://bonaakubue.com

Phone: +234 8068 100 733