[PSF-Members] Conference calendar

Mike Müller mmueller at python-academy.de
Wed Sep 12 09:17:25 CEST 2012

Am 12.09.12 08:36, schrieb M.-A. Lemburg:
> Richard Jones wrote:
>> PyCon US 2013 added :-)
>
> Thanks, Richard :-)
>
> I'm adding new events as I find them mentioned on the web.
>
> Just like the Plone conference, I think we should also add other
> Python related events like the Django conferences, EuroScipy, etc.
> to the calendar.
>
> I'm not sure how we should handle events that include Python,
> but don't have a focus on it, like say OSCON or Linux conferences.
> Perhaps we should add those as well with a note in the description.
>
> What do you think ?

Yes. We should add conferences with substantial Python tracks.
For example, one of this HPC conferences has a one-day Python mini symposium.
As long as we indicate the Python relation and, if possible, how
big the Python part is relative to the size of the event, it sounds fine
to me.

Mike

>> On 11 September 2012 18:55, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Richard, Mike,
>>>
>>> I've added both of you to the calendar and also created an email
>>> alias events at pycon.org which can be used to send in new event
>>> details. EMails to that address will get sent to all three of us at the
>>> moment (so you should get this email twice). I hope to sign up more
>>> volunteers to help with the calendar.
>>>
>>> Some notes regarding entries:
>>>
>>> * Please add the conference/event year to the title, if available.
>>>   For user group meetings or other events that occur more often
>>>   that's probably not necessary.
>>>
>>> * For conferences I use "All day" events, for user group events
>>>   I add the start time and end time, if known.
>>>
>>> * Please include the location as "City, Country".
>>>
>>> * Please add a link to the event as description. I found that
>>>   using HTML links works well, e.g.
>>>   "<a href="http://www.pycon.fr/2012/>PyCon FR 2012</a>"
>>>
>>> * I've always used "Show me as: Available" for new entries. No idea
>>>   whether that matters or not.
>>>
>>> * Please select "Privacy: Default" for new entries. This makes the
>>>   entries public, since that's the default setting.
>>>
>>> Both of you can invite more people as calendar admins.
>>>
>>> Looks like I'll have to start a wiki page for these things :-)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --
>>> Marc-Andre Lemburg
>>> eGenix.com
>>>
>>> Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 11 2012)
>>> 2012-10-29: PyCon DE 2012, Leipzig, Germany ...            48 days to go
>>> 2012-10-23: Python Meeting Duesseldorf ...                 42 days to go
>>> 2012-08-28: Released mxODBC 3.2.0 ...             http://egenix.com/go31