[Python-Dev] PEP 594: update 1

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu May 23 15:25:13 EDT 2019

Besides which, it would be lovely to have a major release that didn't
involve any pain at all for the majority of users!

Our erstwhile BDFL always eschewed two-digit version identifiers-  due to
the possibility for confusion about collating sequence, I beleive.. We
should honour his preferences by going from 3.9 to 4.0.