[Python-Dev] PEP 594: Removing dead batteries from the standard library

Inada Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Wed May 22 06:16:29 EDT 2019

2019年5月22日(水) 18:57 Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info>:

> > All deprecated modules will also undergo a feature freeze. No additional
> > features should be added. Bug should still be fixed.
>
> I disagree with this. If people are requesting or contributing features
> to a module, that's a good sign that it *is* in use and isn't dead
> and we shouldn't remove it.

If people are requesting or contributing for a module but we can not
handle them for long time, I think it's sign we can not maintain the
module well.
It is not dead, but leaking battery.

Maybe, the module requires some domain specific knowledge and
it is very far from Python core development.
Domain expert will maintain it well than Python core developers.

So I don't think "it is still used" is not always equal to "Python
core developers
should maintain it" or "it should be shipped with Python".

Regards,
--
Inada Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>