[Python-Dev] Feature request: Change a Dependency Package Version During Package Initiation

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Fri May 17 11:38:55 EDT 2019

This sounds exactly like what people used to do with eggs. You could have
multiple versions of a package on the path as eggs and then require a
version at runtime. The approach has problems. Ruby also abandoned a
strategy where random app code depends on package management code at
runtime.

One better strategy is to set up a python path in a wrapper script.