[Python-Dev] BDFL-Delegate appointments for several PEPs

Mark Shannon mark at hotpy.org
Sun Mar 24 11:22:35 EDT 2019

Hi Petr,

Regarding PEPs 576 and 580.
Over the new year, I did a thorough analysis of possible approaches to
possible calling conventions for use in the CPython ecosystems and came
up with a new PEP.
The draft can be found here:
https://github.com/markshannon/peps/blob/new-calling-convention/pep-9999.rst

I was hoping to profile a branch with the various experimental changes
cherry-picked together, but don't seemed to have found the time :(

I'd like to have a testable branch, before formally submitting the PEP,
but I'd thought you should be aware of the PEP.

Cheers,
Mark.