[Python-Dev] Recent buildbot reports and asyncio test failures

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Mon Jun 3 21:35:10 EDT 2019

Hi,

Update. I'm collaborating with Pablo to fix these recent regressions.
We had to revert 2 changes to fix asyncio and multiprocessing test
failures and crashes.

New issue:

"opcode cache for LOAD_GLOBAL emits false alarm in memory leak hunting"
https://bugs.python.org/issue37146

INADA-san worked around this issue by disabling the new opcode cache
(LOAD_GLOBAL optimization) when Python is compiled in debug mode.

We should try to find a more long term solution after beta1 release.

Le lun. 3 juin 2019 à 17:05, Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com> a écrit :
> *MANY* failures: "test_asyncio: test_cancel_gather_2() dangling thread"
> https://bugs.python.org/issue37137

Andrew Svetlov identified the root issue, it's a side effect of a new feature:
https://bugs.python.org/issue37137#msg344488

He reverted his change to fix the bug. We may reconsider the feature
after beta1 (that's up to our Release Manager, I guess).

Note: I pushed 2 changes to attempt to fix the issue, but they didn't
fix the issue. We can consider to revert them after beta1.

> Some failures on specific buildbots. multiprocessing does crash
> randomly on Windows:
>    https://bugs.python.org/issue37143
> and on FreeBSD:
>    https://bugs.python.org/issue37135
> I bet on a regression caused by:
>    https://bugs.python.org/issue33608#msg344240

Pablo and me identified the root issue:
https://bugs.python.org/issue37135#msg344509

I reverted a change to fix the regression.

Sadly, previously I also reverted a different change which wasn't the
root cause. We can consider to maybe reapply it after beta1.

(!) "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my
death." (!)

Victor