[Python-Dev] Add more SyntaxWarnings?

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker at noaa.gov
Mon Jan 28 11:26:26 EST 2019

> But as a rule,
>> there are a LOT of errors that can be pretty mysterious to newbies.
>
> Isn't that the very definition of "newbie"?  That's half a joke, but I
> really don't think that programmers new to Python should be the
> standard.

Python is broadly advocated (and used) as a first language to learn.
Because it is.

So I think anything we can do to help newbies, *that doesn’t make the
language less powerful, or even more annoying for experienced
developers* is a good thing.

That is: prioritizing newbie-friendliness is good. Prioritizing it
over other important things is not.

-CHB