[Python-Dev] Source of truth for C-API

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 18:17:48 EST 2019

I consider that frameobject.h is also part of the C API, even if it's
not included by Python.h. For example, PyFrame_GetLineNumber() is part
of the C API, it's just that you have to explicitly #include
"frameobject.h".

I'm not aware of any tool to automatically list the content of the C API.

Counter example: PyFrame_New() is not documented. But I still consider
it to be part of the C API.

... Yeah, the definition of the "C API" is unclear to most peole :-)

See https://pythoncapi.readthedocs.io/ : "Design a new better C API for Python".

Victor