[Python-Dev] ctypes: is it intentional that id() is the only way to get the address of an object?

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Fri Jan 18 10:47:38 EST 2019

Oh, bracket my brain glitch on small integers.  Yes, they still give id()
of memory address, they just get reused, which is different.  Nonetheless,
I never teach id(obj)
== ctypes.c_void_p.from_buffer(ctypes.py_object(b)).value ... and not only
because I only learned the latter spelling from eryk sun.