[Python-Dev] Interested in serving on Steering Council

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Wed Jan 2 12:34:55 EST 2019

Hi Core Developers,

First thing: I am *not* a CPython committer.  I think most of you who are
will be somewhat familiar with me though.

Second: I was a Director of the PSF for a long while, and continue to chair
some Working Groups.  I've been mentioned in some PEPs.  I have written a
lot of articles and have given a lot of talks about Python, including about
recent or pending PEPs and similar matters.  I continue to work and train
around Python and open source (now with a focus on "data science", whatever
that is).

Third: I follow python-ideas and python-dev rather closely, and fairly
often contribute ideas to those lists.

Fourth: As I read PEP 8016, I cannot nominate myself to the Steering
Committee.  That seems good and proper to me.  But I believe I would be a
relevant and helpful member of the future Steering Committee if someone
wishes to nominate me and if the voters wish to elect me.

Thanks, David Mertz...