[Python-Dev] "Good first issues" on the bug tracker

Karthikeyan tir.karthi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:11:26 EST 2019

I would also suggest cleaning up the existing set of easy issues where the
issues was tagged as easy initially followed by discussion about how the
though easy has other concerns like backwards compatibility due to which it
can't be merged. It's getting hard to get more easy issues and what could
seem as an easy fix might later expand into a discussion that the beginner
might not have enough context to answer and in that case the easy tag
should be removed. It's even harder over realizing when to fix it by myself
or tag it as easy for someone to fix it because if it's fixed by a regular
contributor then there could be a thought that I myself could have done it
since triaging itself is a difficult work.

I would also recommend waiting for a core dev or someone to provide some
feedback or confirmation on even an easy issue's fix since it's easy to
propose a fix to be later rejected due to various reasons resulting in
wasted work and disappointment.

PS : Using mailing list for the first time apologies if I have done
anything wrong.

Regards,
Karthikeyan S