[Python-Dev] Asking for reversion

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Feb 4 04:39:06 EST 2019

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 21:12:38 -0600
Davin Potts <python+python_dev at discontinuity.net> wrote:

> I was encouraged by Lukasz, Yury, and others to check in this code early,
> not waiting for tests and docs, in order to both solicit more feedback and
> provide for broader testing.

For the record: submitting a PR without tests or docs is perfectly
fine, and a reasonable way to ask for feedback.  Merging that PR is
not, usually (especially as you didn't wait for feedback).

So there might have been a misunderstanding between you and
Lukasz, Yury and the "others".  Or perhaps this is another instance of
taking a disruptive decision in private...

Regards

Antoine.