[Python-Dev] Asking for reversion

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Feb 4 04:31:02 EST 2019

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 18:10:43 -0800
Raymond Hettinger <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 3, 2019, at 5:40 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> >
> > On 2/3/2019 7:55 PM, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> >> Also, did anyone ask Davin directly to roll it back?
> >
> > Antoine posted on the issue, along with Robert O.  Robert reviewed and make several suggestions.
>
> I think the PR sat in a stable state for many months,

According to Github, it was opened 11 days ago.
The first commit itself is 12 days old (again according to Github):
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/11664/commits/90f4a6cb2da8e187fa38b05c3f347cd602dd69c5

Now, perhaps the work itself is much older.

But regardless, you cannot expect someone to take notice of a PR or
issue if they are not put in CC.  It is very much against our usual
conventions to check in large pieces of code without asking anyone for
review.

Regards

Antoine.