[Python-Dev] (no subject)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Apr 10 17:00:42 EDT 2019

On 4/10/2019 7:24 AM, Robert Okadar wrote:
> Hi community,
>
> I have developed a tkinter GUI component, Python v3.7. It runs very well in
> Linux but seeing a huge performance impact in Windows 10. While in Linux an
> almost real-time performance is achieved, in Windows it is slow to an
> unusable level.
>
> The code is somewhat stripped down from the original, but the performance
> difference is the same anyway. The columns can be resized by clicking on
> the column border and dragging it. Resizing works only for the top row (but
> it resizes the entire column).
> In this demo, all bindings are avoided to exclude influence on the
> component performance and thus not included. If you resize the window
> (i.e., if you maximize it), you must call the function table.fit() from
> IDLE shell.
>
> Does anyone know where is this huge difference in performance coming from?
> Can anything be done about it?

For reasons explained by Steve, please send this instead to python-list
To access python-list as a newsgroup, skip comp.lang.python and use
newsgroup gmane.comp.python.general at news.gmane.org.

I will respond there after testing/verifying and perhaps searching
bugs.python.org for a similar issue.

--
Terry Jan Reedy