[Python-Dev] 3.7.1 and 3.6.7 Releases Coming Soon

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Fri Sep 21 05:37:25 EDT 2018

On 19/09/2018 23.12, Ned Deily wrote:
> Update: not surprisingly, there have been a number of issues that have popped up during and since the sprint that we would like to ensure are addressed in 3.7.1 and 3.6.7.  In order to do so, I've been holding off on starting the releases. I think we are now getting close to having the important ones resolved so I'm going to plan on cutting off code for 3.7.1rc1 and 3.6.7rc1 by the end of 2018-09-20 (23:59 AoE).  That's roughly 38 hours from now.
>
> Thanks for all of your help in improving Python for everyone!

Hi Ned,

I'm really sorry, but would it be possible to delay the RCs until Sunday
or Monday AoE?

Some of the XML security fixes, OpenSSL 1.1.1 fixes (TLS 1.3
post-handshake authentication), and SSL module regression haven't landed
yet. I'm confident that I can land most to all fixes during the weekend.

Related PRs are:

* https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/9468
* https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/9460
* https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/9217
* https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/9265

I'm also still collaborating with Sebastian Pipping (libexpat
maintainer) on the DoS mitigations (CVE-2013-0340). My initial patch had
some flaws. I might be able to get expat release 2.3.0 in time, too.

https://github.com/libexpat/libexpat/pull/220

Christian