[Python-Dev] Official citation for Python

José María Mateos chema at rinzewind.org
Sat Sep 15 19:21:44 EDT 2018

On Sun, Sep 09, 2018 at 03:43:13PM -0400, Jacqueline Kazil wrote:
> The PSF has received a few inquiries asking the question — “How do I cite
> Python?”So, I am reaching out to you all to figure this out.

What about the R approach?

---
> citation()

To cite R in publications use:

  R Core Team (2018). R: A language and environment for statistical
  computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria.
  URL https://www.R-project.org/.

A BibTeX entry for LaTeX users is

  @Manual{,
    title = {R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing},
    author = {{R Core Team}},
    organization = {R Foundation for Statistical Computing},
    address = {Vienna, Austria},
    year = {2018},
    url = {https://www.R-project.org/},
  }

We have invested a lot of time and effort in creating R, please cite it
when using it for data analysis. See also ‘citation("pkgname")’ for
citing R packages.
---

Cheers,

--