[Python-Dev] We cannot fix all issues: let's close XML security issues (not fix them)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Sep 7 16:16:11 EDT 2018

On 9/6/2018 11:05 AM, Ryan Gonzalez wrote:
> Thought: what if there's a label on the bug tracker meaning roughly
> "we're probably not going to fix this anytime soon, but we won't mind
> someone stepping up"?

Not needed. Good patches are always welcome.  And if there is no current
PR or other information indicating otherwise, a fix 'soon' is usually
unlikely.

But what we mostly need is not more patches, but more reviews.  Anyone
can act like a core dev up to the point of actually pushing the green
merge button.

--
Terry Jan Reedy