[Python-Dev] AIX build-bots broken for 11 days

Michael Felt aixtools at felt.demon.nl
Mon Oct 29 14:51:42 EDT 2018

a) I wish I seen this earlier, but I have been away from OSS for the last weeks as my RL job has priority.

b) to answer a very different question I needed to look at the current (Always FAIL) status of the the two AIX buildbots - and I saw that 11 days ago they both started failing with the following messages:

renaming build/scripts-3.8/2to3 to build/scripts-3.8/2to3-3.8
./install-sh -c -m 644 ./Tools/gdb/libpython.py python-gdb.py
./install-sh: not found

renaming build/scripts-3.8/2to3 to build/scripts-3.8/2to3-3.8
./install-sh -c -m 644 ./Tools/gdb/libpython.py python-gdb.py
make: execvp: ./install-sh: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.
Makefile:662: recipe for target 'python-gdb.py' failed

I am quite surprised, because, afaik, gdb is not used on either of the AIX bots.
In any case

These two runs failed in the "normal" way

https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/10/builds/1644/steps/4/logs/stdio
https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/161/builds/327/steps/4/logs/stdio
And these fail during the build.

https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/10/builds/1645/steps/2/logs/stdio