[Python-Dev] Petr Viktorin as BDFL-Delegate for PEP 580

Jeroen Demeyer J.Demeyer at UGent.be
Wed Oct 3 08:12:13 EDT 2018

Hello,

I would like to propose Petr Viktorin as BDFL-Delegate for PEP 580,
titled "The C call protocol". He has co-authored several PEPs (PEP 394,
PEP 489, PEP 534, PEP 547, PEP 573), several of which involve extension
modules.

Petr has agreed to become BDFL-Delegate for PEP 580 if asked. Also
Antoine Pitrou, INADA Naoki and Nick Coghlan have approved Petr being
BDFL-Delegate.

I am well aware of the current governance issues, but several people
have mentioned that the BDFL-Delegate process can still continue for
now. I created a PR for the peps repository at
https://github.com/python/peps/pull/797

Cheers,
Jeroen Demeyer.