[Python-Dev] Troubles to merge changes in the 2.7 branch: PR "out-of-date" branch

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:24:45 EDT 2018

On Tue, 29 May 2018 at 08:43, Paul G <paul at ganssle.io> wrote:

> This doesn't seem like the best idea, since it would kick off dozens or
> hundreds of builds for every commit to the master branch.

Sorry if I was unclear, I was not suggesting to do that for PRs against
master, but do that only for 2.7, 3.4 and 3.5 only. (or Branch having "Require
branches to be up to date before merging ")
For these there is likely only a couple of open PRs, and it won't kick more
jobs than if the author had to rebase and push by themselves.

If you still think it's too much or triggered too often, you can also just
have a tag "Miss-islington please rebase", which is often easier to apply
manually, than having to do that by yourself on the Command line.