[Python-Dev] Troubles to merge changes in the 2.7 branch: PR "out-of-date" branch

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Mon May 28 17:42:04 EDT 2018

> Hmm, for some some reason, it appears that, at the moment, the 2.7, 3.4, and 3.5 branches have that option set, while 3.6, 3.7, and master don't.  I'm not sure how we got to that state.  Any other reasons to prefer on versus off?

As I wrote, it became very difficult to merge any PR on 2.7 because of
that. We all run a race to be the first one to merge a change into
2.7. The next one will get a "conflict" even if the merged commit is
unrelated (as I described: two different unrelated directories).

Please use the same configuration for 2.7, 3.6, 3.7 and master branches!

Victor