[Python-Dev] [python-committers] FINAL WEEK FOR 3.7.0 CHANGES!

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Thu May 24 07:26:25 EDT 2018

> Any merges to the 3.7 branch after
> that will be released in 3.7.1 which we tentatively are planning to
> ship sometime before the end of July (< 2018-07-31).

I recall that Python 3.6.0 was full of bugs, some functions like
os.waitpid() on Windows (if I recall correctly) were completely
broken.

We can do our best to test as much as possible, hope that more and
more people use the "nightly" Python version to run their CI, but we
always miss bugs. We always get the most testers when the final x.y.0
version is released.

Why waiting two months to release bugfixes?

Victor