[Python-Dev] My fork lacks a 3.7 branch - can I create it somehow?

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:51:13 EDT 2018

> You don't really need copies of official branches on your Github fork if
you're not a maintainer for these branches.

I explicitly wanted to run with 3.7 in the run-up to release. On that
branch, the built ./python reports 3.7.0b4+ at startup. Master tells me
3.8.0a0 on startup. Since my local repo is a clone of my fork, it made
sense to me to have a 3.7 branch on my fork which I could switch to. Am I
only nutcase who thinks that might be mildly useful? (Or that if I want to
test an application across multiple versions using tox that it makes sense
to have pre-release visibility of point releases.)

Skip