[Python-Dev] Changes to configure.ac, auto-detection and related build issues

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Tue May 15 01:58:41 EDT 2018

On Monday, 14 May 2018, Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Eitan,

> > I am working on updating, fixing, or otherwise changing python's
> > configure.ac. This work is complex, (...)
>
> Is your work public? Is there an open issue on bugs.python.org or an
> open pull request?

I'm opening bugs and PRs as I Go. Some examples are:

https://github.com/python/cpython/commit/98929b545e86e7c7296c912d8f34e8e8d3fd6439
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/6845
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/6848
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/6849
https://bugs.python.org/issue33485

And so on

> If not, would you mind to at least describe the changes that you plan to
> do?
>
> > Please feel free to tag me in
> > related PRs or bugs or emails over the next few weeks.
>
> Hopefully, we only rarely need to modify configure.ac

I'm primarily worried about breaking arcane platforms I don't have direct
access to.

Victor

--
Sent from my Turing Machine