[Python-Dev] PEP 575 (Unifying function/method classes) update

Jeroen Demeyer J.Demeyer at UGent.be
Tue May 8 11:22:02 EDT 2018

On 2018-05-06 09:35, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> Thanks for this update Jeroen! If it doesn't come up otherwise, I'll try
> to claim one of the lightning talk slots at the Language Summit to
> discuss this with folks in person :)

Sounds great! I'd love to hear what people think.

As an example of how the new functionality of PEP 575 can be used, I
changed functools.lru_cache to implement the _lru_cache_wrapper class as
subclass of base_function. I added this to the reference implementation
https://github.com/jdemeyer/cpython/tree/pep575