[Python-Dev] Dealing with tone in an email (was: Drop/deprecate Tkinter?)

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri May 4 15:40:22 EDT 2018

On Fri, 4 May 2018 at 09:07 Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

> Thank you Steven! I assume that Brian hadn't seen my response (such
> crossed messages due to delivery delays are very common in this mailing
> list).
>
> I'd like to use your email (nearly) verbatim to start off the discussion
> about civility we're going to have at the Language Summit.

And I will also want to say thanks for the email, Steven! I agree with
everything you said and that any expectations we have of others should
apply equally to anyone on this list in any interaction. And I think it's
especially true in our responses as we should try to keep the moral high
ground by being examples of what we expect and want from others.