[Python-Dev] Dealing with tone in an email

Paddy McCarthy paddy3118 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 03:17:48 EDT 2018

> > Whatever anyone may think of this, it worked.

I help on other forums and have two practises that I work at:

When asking a question I try to be polite. It may be more challenging to be
ultra polite but sometimes it's worthwhile. Being told I am polite online
is a much rarer accolade and can lift my day :-)

On those being brusk/abusive in asking for help then I don't like to reward
that behaviour and someone will tell them it's not necessary. If repeated
then the best one can do is ignore them leaving them knowing why.

Hopefully it leads to a better community. People have to understand **"Help
on the helpers terms".**