[Python-Dev] Drop/deprecate Tkinter?

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Thu May 3 07:43:05 EDT 2018

One other small bit... There is some precedent for retaining modules where
the underlying library was known to be buggy. The dearly departed bsddb
module exposed libdb 1.85 (as I recall) which had an unfixable bug. Still,
bsddb supported that broken version of the library for quite awhile before
itself being deprecated, then removed, from the stdlib. I believe it was
the sole persistent key/value store for most of the early years.

So, bugs or not (& fixable or not) it's not like we haven't encountered
this kind of case before.

Skip