[Python-Dev] Symmetry arguments for API expansion

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Mon Mar 12 17:40:23 EDT 2018

If anyone cares, my vote is to rip out both .as_integer_ratio() and
.is_integer() from Python. I've never used either and wouldn't want to.

Both seem like perfectly good functions for the `math` module, albeit the
former is simply the Fraction() constructor.

I can see no sane reason why anyone would ever call float.is_integer()
actually. That should always be spelled math.isclose(x, int(x)) because
IEEE-754. Attractive nuisance is probably too generous, I'd simply call the
method a bug.