[Python-Dev] Any way to only receive emails for threads that I am participating in?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Tue Mar 6 01:08:13 EST 2018

On 2018-03-03, 02:15 GMT, Elias Zamaria wrote:
> It seems like I can either subscribe and get emails for all of
> the threads, or unsubscribe and not get any emails, making me
> unable to reply to the threads I want to reply to.

last input box fill in your email, and click on [Unsubscribe or
edit options]. On the next page fill-in your password (you get
it every month in email), and on the settings page switch “Mail
delivery” to “Disabled”.

You will not get any message from the list, but you will be
still subscribed, so you can post to the list.

Then open your NNTP newsreader
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsreader_(Usenet)) (you use
one, right? It is the only sensible way how to deal with the
large community lists) and subscribe to
nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.devel . You will have
all advantages of newsreader (killfile, easy ignoring whole
threads at once) in the comfort of your computer, perhaps even
in the offline state.

If you don’t want to go all that length, just use email program
which can kill threads (e.g., Thunderbird
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ignore-threads )

Best,

Matěj
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its
victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live
under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The
robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at
some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own
good will torment us without end, for they do so with the
approval of their consciences.
    -- C. S. Lewis