[Python-Dev] We now have C code coverage!

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jun 22 20:43:25 EDT 2018

On 6/22/2018 6:21 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
> Thanks to a PR from Ammar Askar we now run Python under lcov as part of
> the code coverage build. And thanks to codecov.io <http://codecov.io>
> automatically merging code coverage reports we get a complete report of
> our coverage (the first results of which can now be seen at
> https://codecov.io/gh/python/cpython).
>
> And funny enough the coverage average changed less than 1%. :)

Questions:

1. Is it possible, given that we are not paying for those reports, to
customize the 'exclude_lines' definitions?  Without such, the idlelib
measures are biased downward.

2. What do the colors of test files mean?  Every line of nearly all the
idlelib test files are executed, but over half are red.

The Learn More page does not say anything about either.

--
Terry Jan Reedy