[Python-Dev] Microsoft to acquire GitHub for $7.5 b

Mariatta Wijaya mariatta.wijaya at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:47:13 EDT 2018

Backing up GitHub data has been brought up since the time we migrated to
GitHub, and being tracked here: https://github.com/pytho
n/core-workflow/issues/20

TL;DR We'll be using GitHub's new Migrations API
<https://developer.github.com/v3/migrations/orgs/> to download archived
GitHub data of CPython. Ernest is helping us get set up with daily backups
of CPython repo to be stored within The PSF's infrastructure.

Mariatta

ᐧ