[Python-Dev] PyIndex_Check conflicts with PEP 384

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Fri Jun 1 11:18:15 EDT 2018

Indeed, that sounds like a pretty straightforward bug in the stable ABI.
You should file an issue on bugs.python.org so it doesn't get lost (and if
it's the main new stable ABI break in 3.7 then you should probably mark
that bug as a release blocker so that Ned notices it).

Unfortunately, very few people use the stable ABI currently, so it's easy
for things like this to get missed. Hopefully it Qt starts using it then
that will help us shake these things out... But it also means we need your
help to catch these kinds of issues :-). Thanks!